Remote Nurse Practitioner - New York resident, Pennsylvania licensed
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Are you looking for an innovative primary care practice model that uses technology and healthcare data to empower patients to take greater ownership and accountability over their healthcare? At Forward, we believe that the future of medicine combines the best attributes of healthcare professionals with the efficiency and grace of innovative technology.
We are looking to contract with a motivated Nurse Practitioner who thrives in delivering care in an innovative tech environment. You will support our members via telemedicine, working alongside highly acclaimed, board certified physicians. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking a flexible opportunity to deliver primary care via telemedicine. This is a 6 month contract opportunity; candidates do not need to reside in the states they are licensed in.
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Remotely triage, diagnose and treat patients via our online chat-based platform, including: proactively providing medical and wellness education (facilitated by Forward’s technology), diagnosing and treating patients via our online chat-based telemedicine platform, recommending suitable treatment plans and considering cost-effective treatment modalities, and assisting in care coordination and onsite visit planning for both urgent and wellness member visits.
- Giving and receiving regular feedback on individual member cases.
- Providing a positive member experience in telemedicine interactions, including quality of care recommended and tone / messaging with which care is delivered.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of 2 years of primary care experience
- Nurse Practitioners who are motivated by Forward’s mission to make preventive care a bigger part of patient lives, and who enjoy practicing in telemedicine care environments.
- A hardworking, detail-oriented individual with the ability to problem solve independently, reaching out for help / support on patient cases, as needed.
- A caring, compassionate individual who enjoys helping others and providing a positive care experience in a telemedicine platform.
- Care providers who are flexible and interested in working in a telemedicine environment with frequent change / product improvements, and who are extremely comfortable using new technology and software.
- Nurse Practitioners who are used to balancing multiple, concurrent patient cases, and who are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to grow in their roles.
- Advanced computer skills including typing speed, email, internet research, downloading and uploading files, and working in multiple browser windows.
Contractors will need a self-provided PC with Windows OS. MacOS is not supported.
Internet: You must have wired or wifi connectivity, with download speed minimum of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed minimum of 3.0 Mbps
Mobile device: You will need to install a few programs on a personal phone or tablet for authentication purposes. This device should be running Android iOS 8+ or iOS 12+
Computer: You need to provide your own laptop or desktop with a monitor capable of displaying 1920 x 1080 pixels, and a sound card installed for use with speakers or headphones. Your device should meet the following requirements:
Intel i3, AMD Ryzen, or better
6 GB of RAM or better
Windows 10 or better
Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version ) or Internet Explorer 11
Please let us know during the interview process if you have concerns with any of these requirements.
WHY WORK WITH FORWARD?
We want to rebuild the healthcare industry and change the way individuals think about taking ownership over their health. You will be working with a team of hardworking, mission-driven people trying to effect change in healthcare as quickly and meaningfully as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.