Primary Care Innovator
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
As a Primary Care Physician, you’ll play a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. You will be on the clinical front-lines ensuring that we are delivering a world class experience that will allow us to scale.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
- Provide high quality patient-centered, comprehensive primary care services
- Participate in the selection of a suitable treatment plan for all patients
- Supervise other medical staff to ensure the care team is providing appropriate care in accordance with their duties and obligations
- Be proactive in ensuring adequate follow up of patients and their concerns (will be facilitated greatly by our technology and workflow tools)
- Provide continuous availability for medical and technical questions to the employees, patient care staff and ancillary care providers including limited after-hours coverage
- Actively participate in the development of new technology and protocols to improve patient care and outcomes
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, nurses, health coaches and medical assistants
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members
- A Problem Solver - You've solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented - You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- A leader. You’re kind, collaborative and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side
- MD or DO
- Board certified
- Clinical experience in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- 1+ years of experience in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- CA licensed
The base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$270,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.