Marketing & Communications
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Many industries have successfully cut out the middleman by selling directly to consumers. However, no one has ever accomplished this in healthcare—arguably the most important and personal industry to consumers—until now. We know that at the heart of our success is our team. Become a part of the growth team that is focused on bringing better health, happiness and peace of mind to consumers everywhere
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
Forward is redesigning the way we deliver healthcare using all the technologies healthcare has neglected: sensors, mobile, and AI. We’re building out a world-class growth & marketing team and as a Marketing Manager, you’ll have a foundational role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. We pride ourselves in doing meaningful work, learning together, and above all, delivering great healthcare to our members (of which you'll be one)!
We were founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with our medical lead and one of our cofounders to build a new marketing program spanning social media, email marketing, podcasts, speaking events, influencers, and stunts
- Craft a fun and engaging message educating people around the country and the world on why our healthcare system is broken, what can be done to fix it, and why Forward is upending the narrative of how healthcare works and how it’s paid for
- Help craft a voice and brand identity for how to land a complex message across a number of different platforms, including TikTok, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter
- Work on coordinating production of assets like walkthrough videos, explainers, and memes
- Partner with a PR agency to help promote a major product launch and get Forward ongoing placement in major media outlets
WHO YOU ARE:
- Creative and possessing excellent taste and judgment in how to communicate in a fun and engaging way
- Organized about process, tracking, and continuous improvement on how to run processes efficiently and repeatably
- Curious and flexible; unfazed by working in startup environments with constantly changing priorities and problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in social media marketing, email marketing, or web producing for consumer-driven companies
- Fluent and comfortable in the specifics of how people meme and drive engagement and virality on platforms like Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, etc.
- Startup experience helpful, but not required
- Experience with email marketing tools like Iterable or MailChimp or web design skills are helpful, but not required
Why join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good. Also, you'll be a sponsored Forward member yourself!
The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$180,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.