Strategy and Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
As an Operations Program Lead you will lead core operational functions and drive cross-functional initiatives that enable Forward to deliver high quality, accessible care. This role is ideal for someone who wants to work on high-impact opportunities at a mission-driven company.
- Support the strategy, planning, and execution of our operational functions
- Support our metric evolution across various operational processes
- Support development of monthly, quarterly forecasts and our execution plan to meet our targets
- Wear many hats - we need someone who can do many things well with little hand holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift
- Work with cross functional teams of product managers, designers, doctors, 3rd party providers, and other operators to build consistently world class experiences around our clinical programs
- Drive process improvement - we’re growing fast and have lots to build along the way. We’re looking for someone who will develop new processes to optimize work flows and make operations more efficient
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives
- Analytical. You have a strong analytical foundation and are comfortable with leading our vision
- Detail Focused. We’re building an advanced system to solve member issues and you are excited to chase down opportunities to improve our system execution
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members
- A Problem Solver. You've solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented. You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with data access tools (e.g. Looker, SQL) required
- 6+ years of experience in operations, product or engineering
- 2+ years experience managing in a fast-paced setting
- Experience managing to metrics and executing to move them
- Experience going deep into complex systems to surface issues and rallying support to address them
- STEM degrees preferred
- Startup experience operating at a scaling organization
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?