Principal Product Manager, Machine Learning Applications
Software Engineering, IT, Product
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. As an early member of our world class product team, you’ll have a key role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
What You'll Do:
- Work on an inspiring team alongside our founders, PMs, designers and engineers hailing from top companies like: Google, Amazon, Facebook, Uber, Palantir, IDEO
- Combine the best of humans and technology to deliver an amazing user experience and define how the world’s first at-scale healthcare system should work
- Own the roadmap and implementation of our biggest projects; think Google vision + startup speed
- Work across a truly “full stack” product -- Forward spans hardware, software, industrial design, data science, service design, and more
- Challenge yourself working on a massive scope (many of our products could have been their own startup - we built our own telemedicine app, exam room screen, body scanner and electronic medical record)
- Lead interdisciplinary functional teams of designers, engineers, doctors and operations to build “clinical programs” - imagine redesigning dermatology from scratch and you start to get the idea
- Learn what it takes to build a world-changing startup, both by osmosis and through constant interaction with our founders
- User-obsessed. You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our users (whether that be our patients or great clinical team)
- Impact-driven. You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you work toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives
- A Renaissance (wo)man. You’re curious. You’re always learning. You’re as comfortable talking shop with an doctor as you are with a designer or engineer
- A good helicopter. You can alternate between 10,000 foot and 10 foot views easily, and at the right time. Product vision? Fit-and-finish? All in a day’s work
- Creative. You don’t need to be asked to think outside of the box… you know when to climb hills and when to jump them
- Scrappy. You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn
- A leader. You’re kind, charismatic and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side
- 7+ years of Product Management experience shipping impactful products and features
- BA/BS in STEM major required (CS, CE, EE, ME, symbolic systems, Physics, Math or Chemistry)
- Startup experience preferred
The base salary range for this full-time position is $90,000-$210,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?