Telemedicine Operations Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
You’ll have a significant role in rebuilding our country’s most important and most broken industry from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for managing key staffing and SLA metrics while working to streamline and scale Forward’s telemedicine operations. Are you a builder? Want to do more than just scheduling and reporting? If yes, then this is the role for you.
- Prepare and manage staffing and scheduling to ensure that a sufficient amount of staff is available to perform all required tasks.
- Assess staffing levels daily in relation to service levels.
- Monitor attendance and schedule adherence, providing direct feedback to the remote workforce as needed.
- Support business growth by partnering with WFM team to analyze schedule performance, forecast accuracy, and utilization assumptions as input to headcount planning.
- Partner with recruiting to facilitate hiring process; may require some sourcing work.
- Own NP state licensing strategy and execution to unblock business expansion.
- Build and own data pipelines and reporting related to staffing and scheduling.
- Impact-Driven - You’re deeply mission-driven, and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed in photos. (Although we concede those are cute.)
- A Problem Solver - You love breaking down highly complex problems into their easily explainable building blocks.
- Detail-Oriented - You have exceptional organizational and analytical skills; you enjoy diving into operational processes.
- Scrappy - You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn.
- 3+ years of experience at a high-growth startup
- Degree in data science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other quantitative fields, and/or a background in consulting, investment banking, or related field
- Some exposure to R, Python, and/or SQL and a willingness to keep learning
- Experience in operations / analytical operations function
- Familiarity with scheduling or WFM software
- Experience working with a remote workforce
- Collaborative style and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Proven ability to execute and drive complex operational initiatives
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment with changing priorities
The base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?