Telemedicine Physician (Remote) - Maryland Licensed
Posted on Thursday, August 18, 2022
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
Our ideal care provider is someone motivated to provide high quality, patient-centered care in a remote telemedicine setting. Doctors who do well at Forward embrace system-based practice and are interested in working in an evolving care setting where the tools you use to provide care are frequently updated and improved. This includes actively participating in feedback to our engineering teams to inform new products and product updates. This is an ideal opportunity for those seeking a flexible opportunity to deliver primary care via telemedicine.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Forward Doctors Respond to COVID-19 [FastCompany]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [CMO speaking at Stanford Medicine]
'Forward at Home' Product Launch [TechCrunch]
- Provide clinical care using Forward’s state-of-the-art health delivery platform.
- Make clinical assessments with the support of Forward resources and decision making software.
- Lead shared decision-making discussions via our telemedicine platform using integrated video visits and chat-based communications.
- Activate patient-centered treatment plans with the support of the Forward care team.
- Feel empowered by our technology to focus your time on providing high quality, evidence-based medical care supported by a robust administrative system that handles non-clinical work such as referrals and prior authorizations.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers, nurses, and medical assistants.
- Motivated by Forward’s mission to make preventive care a bigger part of patient lives, and who enjoy practicing in telemedicine care environments.
- A hardworking, detail-oriented individual with the ability to problem solve independently, reaching out for help / support on patient cases, as needed.
- A caring, compassionate individual who enjoys helping others and providing a positive care experience in a telemedicine platform.
- Flexible and interested in working in a remote telemedicine environment with frequent change / product improvements, and extremely comfortable using new technology and software.
- MD or DO
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine board certified or board eligible
- Clinical experience in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Outpatient primary care experience
- Currently licensed or willing to obtain a license in one or more of the following states: California, New York, Washington D.C., Washington State, Illinois, Massachusetts, Georgia and Florida
- Availability to work daytime shifts during the week
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.