San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2022
Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
"Health Moves Forward" [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
“The Pivot to Virtual Care” [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, precise, fun, and thoughtful person to join our team as a paralegal. You’ll have the opportunity to work on an enormous variety of projects as part of our growing Legal team.
- Help scale the company by researching legal requirements and working with our attorneys to develop guidance on legal issues
- Design, build, execute, and own various projects, from compliance to HR to contracting to corporate governance. For example:
- Maintain the Company’s books and records, including the cap table
- Build first drafts of Forward agreements
- Assist commercial counsel with the drafting and negotiation of inbound and outbound contracts
- Draft and develop training for new company processes
- Oversee maintenance of compliance records and data and assist in data gathering as required
- Partner with colleagues across other teams at Forward
- Build and scale our processes and tools to measure and track legal and compliance work
- Manage team records while continuously improving accuracy
- Develop processes to streamline workflow and enable our legal team to move with greater velocity
- Be an ambassador for Legal and Compliance. Share the mission of Legal and Compliance, act as a first stop for the Legal and Compliance team, and field and clarify questions from people across Forward
- Entrepreneurial - You’re a self-starter who works independently with little supervision. You drive projects forward.
- Meticulous - You are proud of being highly organized and detail-oriented
- Creatively process oriented - You create scalable, effective ways to solve problems
- Intrigued by the law - You are excited by the depth and breadth of the law, and would enjoy helping others understand the law
- Impact-Driven - You’re deeply mission-driven, and you think there’s more to life than software that enables puppy ears to be superimposed in photos. (Although we concede those are cute.)
- A Problem Solver - You love breaking down highly complex problems into their easily explainable building blocks.
- Scrappy - You’re a hustler who will get your hands dirty and protect your builders at every turn.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years work experience. Paralegal experience helpful but not required
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Debate, pre-law, political science interest but not required
- Startup and/or in-house legal experience a plus but not required
- Qualified applicants will be considered paralegals where allowed by law and legal specialist when the paralegal title cannot be used
The base salary range for this full-time position is $80,000-$130,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.