Software Engineer, Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Feel free to read our story, view a Forward Tour with our Medical Lead, learn how Forward is combatting COVID-19, and check out some press: New Yorker, TIME, USA Today, Forbes, WIRED, TechCrunch.
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry - we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Many industries, from video streaming to electric vehicles, have removed intermediaries to provide their services directly to consumers. Healthcare, arguably the most important and personal industry, has continually been delivered via complex insurance plans -- until now. As an early member of our growth team, you will help us deliver high-quality healthcare, happiness and peace of mind to new members everywhere. (More on Direct Primary Care here if you’re curious)
- Directly contribute to Forward's mission to serve a billion people. The growth team’s work is the first touch point for everyone who joins us, employees and customers alike.
- Build platforms and tools to empower growth marketing to iterate on sales and marketing experiments, and attract not only members, but world-class doctors and engineers.
- Write APIs, spin up Databases, and go deep on AWS infrastructure to build scalable systems, not temporary hacks.
- Work with many different teams, from engineering, product and design, to analysts, recruiting, marketing and beyond.
- Work on many parts of our stack from our website, and mobile apps, to our internal work platform.
- Someone who loves to ship and see their work out in the wild.
- Always trying to optimize for outcomes. You love seeing the impact of your work, and can tell from the data if you’ve achieved your goals.
- Creative. You love to experiment to find the best solution or idea.
- Someone who holds a high quality bar. The team needs to move fast, and in order to do so safely, they have to put down stable foundations along the way.
- Versatile and comfortable in all parts of the stack.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or direct equivalent
- Some frontend experience in a job or internship
- Experience with a frontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue.js
- Comfortable building APIs and scalable services
- Growth engineering experience is optional, but a plus!
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.