Quality Engineer, Medical Devices
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2020
Forward is on a bold mission to make high quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software and doctors under one roof. As a Quality Engineer, you will help shape the revolution of our country’s most important and most broken industry from first principles. You’ll drive every part of the product lifecycle, from inception through manufacturing, and build processes to ensure our products are of the highest quality.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
Health Moves Forward [CEO Blog Post]
Series D Funding Funds Doctor-led Programs [TechCrunch]
Primary Care Start-ups Vying for 170B Market [Business Insider]
The Pivot to Virtual Care [Chief Medical Officer @ Stanford Medicine]
The Meaning of Trans Broken-Arm Syndrome [USA Today]
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Sample size estimation and justification for design verification and product validation.
- Test plan creation.
- Test tooling specification.
- Gauge R&R on any test tooling, as needed.
- Test execution and analysis.
- Consult on fleet quality management approaches.
- Develop quality engineering methodologies to support manufacturing changes and/or retrofit procedure and verification.
- Supplier audit and basic project management to support builds as well as online testing.
- Serve as a cross-functional technical lead in statistical analysis techniques, experimental design, data analysis, sampling techniques and other traditional QA Engineering areas of expertise.
- Create statistical plans to validate intermediate outputs.
- Contribute to hardware scalability improvements.
- Support documentation efforts for regulatory submissions.
- Your work will directly contribute to improving and saving lives. For real.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Extremely comfortable solving difficult & complex problems from first principles, overcoming ambiguity, willing to assume many roles (even the less glorious ones), & working with a team (assertively, yet kindly & humbly).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in quality assurance, failure analysis or product development.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, ISO13485:2016, and 21 CFR Part 820 quality systems is required.
- Six Sigma experience.
- In-depth understanding of statistical techniques such as normality analysis, confidence intervals and should be able to analyze and interpret data with high confidence.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, backing up rationale with analysis.
- Experience working at a high-performing hardware-focused startup and/or top-tier device manufacturer shipping multiple complex high-quality low & medium volume products.
- Dedicated to the audacious & long-term mission of providing the best healthcare to everyone in the world.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000-$220,000, plus equity and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and location.
WHY JOIN FORWARD?
The healthcare industry is broken. We refuse to just move dollars around the healthcare industry. We will rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You will be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past century. You will work with an expert, highly curated team who not only want to use their talents for good, but in a meaningful, scalable, and sustainable way that will yield global impact. We won’t finish until a billion people have access to the highest quality healthcare.
Forward was founded in January, 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Founder's Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), Joshua Kushner (Oscar co-Founder) and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
You can read our story here and some recent press USA Today, Forbes & TechCrunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Information collected and processed as part of any job application you choose to submit is subject to Forward’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants.
See more open positions at Forward
Something looks off?