Fernish is growing! We are hiring a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to drive our financial planning, forecasting, and reporting capabilities. You will support development of operating plans, drive the connection between operating metrics and the P&L, and drive accountability by analyzing the outcomes delivered against corporate investments of opex, HC and capital raised.
You enjoy building strong relationships with functional leaders, and provide decision support with strong modeling skills, and an ability to clearly convey complex concepts related to marketing and payments in e-commerce, to operations, and financing decisions.
What you get to do:
- Partner with functional teams to produce and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and budgets, tracking them against actual performance, and delivering insights to management and the Board of Directors
- Deliver complex analyses before executive audiences - this role includes significant amount of C-level exposure
- Maintain company operating financial model, and reinvent it as required to reflect a rapidly growing business
- Build complex models that support the implementation, execution and progress of innovative and strategic decisions
- Drive the Weekly Business Review, where the Leadership Team assesses the state of the business and reacts to challenges and opportunities
- Lead the weekly Sales and Operating Plan review where Sales leadership assesses the B2B pipeline, and provides guidance to supply chain teams in order to ensure seamless fulfillment of large orders
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and presentations, including work to be presented to company executives and the Board of Directors
- Mentor and manage intern and junior analyst roles as we continue to build the team
Your background likely includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business, accounting, or a related field
- 3-5 years of public company and/or high growth startup - FP&A or corporate finance role – or relevant professional service experience (management consulting, investment banking, or public accounting)
- An ability to frame analysis in a way that goes beyond the numbers for your audience – understand what’s not found in the four corners of a spreadsheet
- Building financial models
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Excellent communication and people skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and are seen as a trusted advisor
- SQL or Looker, other quantitative analysis tools and language (e.g.: R, SPSS, SAS)
- MBA, CFA
- Gsuite tools
- Must be a US resident. Unfortunately, we’re unable to support candidates with visa requirements at the moment.
Fernish makes it effortless for people to create their ideal home. We offer premium furniture and décor for bite-size monthly payments. Customers can live with their items for as long as they want, and decide later what to keep, return, or swap out.
The company was founded December 2017 and is backed by Khosla Ventures, RET Ventures, Techstars, PLG Ventures, and a group of notable angel investors, including Jeff Wilke (Amazon’s CEO of Worldwide Consumer), Scott Cook (Intuit founder), Spencer Rascoff (Co-founder, Zillow, Hotwire & dot.LA) and more. We have been featured in The New York Times, Fast Company, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Vox among other local and national publications (see details here).
We recently closed a $15M Series A funding round during the COVID-19 pandemic. This allows us to grow the team, and expand our markets beyond the Greater Los Angeles area, Orange County, and Seattle. Get in early and make an impact!
- Care for the communal: We care for our team, our customers, the communities we serve, and the environment.
- Be empowered: We value ideas and initiatives, and encourage action.
- Embrace humor: We take our work seriously, but don’t take ourselves too serious.
- Disagree without being disagreeable: We encourage open, honest and respectful exchanges of ideas and opinions.
- Always get better: We encourage everyone to ask questions, never stop learning, and never settling for the status quo.
- Drive the mission: We exist to help people and make their lives more simple, flexible, and sustainable.
Benefits & Perks
- Top tier health, dental and vision plans
- Flex time off - we encourage everyone to relax, refresh, and re-charge
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Permanent and remote work options
- 50% off any furniture and décor through Fernish!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernish is a signatory to the PledgeLA commitment. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage all to apply - you will be welcomed and included as our team member and valued for your contributions and who you are!
Salary Range: $105,000 -$130,000 per year