Lead Creative Writer
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
As a lead creative writer in our Brand Studio team at Faire, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative team of creatives helping bring the Faire brand to life. In this role, you’ll help craft Faire’s brand across brand marketing, social and growth, taking on conceptual and executional projects that span across brand campaigns, product launches, branded content, paid ads, social and internal channels and so forth. Working with team members across design, product, and marketing, you’ll strive to communicate our brand and mission to our customers and craft the experiences that make Faire, Faire.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative and conceptual copywriter that thinks strategically and holistically about brand experience. An artful communicator who thrives on delivering elegant and non-traditional creative solutions that are rooted in strategy and tap into culture. A conceptual problem solver and thoughtful writer that can translate strategy into ideas and creative concepts but is also able to sweat the details and get really serious about the story, craft, language, and quality of the execution. A storyteller that knows how to tell authentic stories and craft a unique and human voice to our brand.
This role sits within the Brand Studio team who is a multidisciplinary group of creatives dedicated to build and evolve the Faire brand and bring it to life through a myriad of channels and experiences. Brand Studio sits within Faire’s larger design organization, which includes product design and research.
What you’ll do
- Conceptualize and execute a wide-range of global and regional branded experiences, integrated campaign campaigns, events and activations, paid ads, social content, product launches and digital campaigns.
- You’ll work closely with the Brand Studio team, partnering with brand designers, Art Directors and Creative Ops to develop world-class creative solutions.
- You would be a proven collaborator who can drive work from brief to launch, and partner directly with the in-house team as well as freelancers and external partners/agencies, while advocating for excellent brand storytelling and masterful craft/quality.
- You’d be owning and executing your own projects from concept to launch, and working closely with cross-functional leads from product marketing, brand marketing, paid and social media, content and product design.
- Foster storytelling and creative thinking within the team.
- Evolve and cultivate a unique, authentic and ownable voice for the Faire brand.
- 6+ years as a copywriter or creative writer executing world-class creative work in the brand, digital, editorial, or ecommerce area with a heavy focus on storytelling, campaigns and idea generation. Whether at an agency or in-house, you’ve tackled a wide range of projects and executions.
- Portfolio well rounded of previous work, that displays the ability to understand brand narratives, storytelling, big idea generation and voice/tone craft; as well as copy for marketing initiatives across different channels and mediums (paid, social, podcast ads, digital campaigns, product launches)
- Excellent writing craft skills. A mastery of language and narratives to create compelling messages for our audiences. Must maintain a careful balance between inclusivity and humanity but also refinement and high-quality outputs.
- Proven ability to write for short and long format alike. From a 15 second podcast ad to a campaign landing page or a manifesto/anthem.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to convey creative decisions and executions in a way that inspires stakeholders and audiences.
- Experience with writing scripts and ideating for films and social content.
- Ability to operate at different altitudes, from a big picture strategic POV to a focused and detailed oriented approach.
- A consistent track record of building integrated campaigns for various marketing channels, with an ability to uphold the highest standards of quality.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other creatives and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—even if that’s on Zoom these days. Sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps our team energized and inspired!
- Experience working with localization teams is a huge plus
Canada: the pay range for this role is $97,500 - $134,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Applications for this position will be accepted for a minimum of 30 days from the posting date.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)