Customer Insights Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for a data-driven researcher and storyteller to help us surface insights about the health of our brand and the motivations of our customers to inform actionable brand strategies to meet our business objectives. In this role, you will own and drive our Longitudinal Tracker program, build out the Customer Insights function (in partnership with Head of Brand Marketing and Head of Research), and partner with Content Marketing to evolve the way we leverage Faire marketplace data.
What you’ll do
- Create company-wide empathy for our customers by uncovering insights that inspire us to develop long-term marketing strategies and creative that drive brand health metrics
- Be the voice of the customer and create an integrated view of how our customers perceive Faire
- Partner closely with Research and Strategy & Analytics to identify swimlanes and opportunities for collaboration (ie: extending research insights with behavioral and market data)
- Guide stakeholders in defining actionable research and insights, firmly anchored in business realities
- Identify the key data sources for customer listening and synthesize them into actionable insights to apply to business decisions
- Manage and operationalize our customer knowledge base, creating a company-wide source of truth and own dissemination flow
- Quarterly management, synthesis and reporting of our Longitudinal Tracker program, inclusive of users and non-users in NAM and EUR.
- Develop and distill multiple data sets into clear and compelling narratives; synthesizing insights from various data sources
- Identify, scope and execute ad hoc qualitative research by conducting your own research or by managing vendors’ work, ensuring high-quality deliverables are met within agreed upon timelines and budget
- Collaborate closely with Content Marketing to archetype data-led stories and projects, as well as pinpoint customer data that can be leveraged across editorial programs
- Oversee the data analysis for our customer-facing shopping trends reports
- Customer Insights and/or Research Experience: 10+ years of experience in Customer Insights, Experience Research and/or Analytics (5+ years at a technology company); mix of experiences at the intersection of Research, Marketing and Analytics
- Statistical Analysis Expertise: Strong foundation in statistical analysis; capable of applying statistics to raw data to drive conclusions.
- Synthesis and Storytelling: Skill in synthesizing data from multiple sources, extracting the core insight and finding the emotional core to create a clear and compelling narrative
- Exceptional initiative and ownership: Enjoys working in ambiguity, finding creative and pragmatic solutions, and driving to an outcome with fast and sometimes changing deadlines
- Inspiring leader: enjoys and gets value from bringing out the best in others; is unafraid to manage through conflict; holds a strong point of view, but has low ego and listens and can draw the best ideas out of others; generously shares success
San Francisco*: the pay range for this role is $152,000 to $209,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Applications for this position will be accepted for a minimum of 30 days from the posting date.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)