Trust and Safety Associate
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
The trust of our community and marketplace continues to be a top priority for Faire as we scale. We seek a mission-oriented candidate excited to help maintain community trust by ensuring that brands and retailers understand and uphold our standards and policies. In this role, you will combine your expertise with clear communication skills to help resolve internal and external escalations, review work for quality assurance, and help inform operational improvements and initiatives. You will also work closely with cross-functional partners across Customer Support, Legal, and Brand Success.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the front line for customer escalations as it relates to trust & safety and ensure that daily service level agreements are met
- Investigate ambiguous situations and potential risks that surfaced in high-volume queues
- Work with external third-party vendors to enhance proactive and reactive policy violation detection
- Help advocate customer use cases, proactively identify customer product needs, and review customer-facing materials
- Influence the development of process and product improvements and review new procedures to improve day-to-day
- Work with cross-functional partners to stay on top of Faire policies and product offerings in a rapidly changing environment
- You are empathetic and can take the initiative to do the right thing for the customer and Faire
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of Trust and Safety or related experience, ideally at a high-growth startup
- You are a team player and are resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, change
- You can communicate in a way that reduces confusion and builds trust with customers
- Tenaciously organized, disciplined, and comfortable managing competing priorities with care
- You remain calm in time-sensitive and ambiguous situations
- You love figuring out how to identify improve processes improvements to scale and automate
- Experience with excel and managing large data sets or knowledge of SQL
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)