Growth Marketing Automation Associate
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are seeking a Growth Marketing Automation Manager to help us elevate and scale the tools which power our growth marketing engine at Faire. You will work in a team of growth marketing specialists and work across tools which include but are not limited to Snowflake, Airflow, Mode, Hightouch, Smartly and other ad serving systems. This is a new role on the team with lots of white space and runway to craft the strategy and roadmap we take on our growth marketing at Faire.
You will be responsible for data in - data out type work, hands-on involved in crafting strategies for growth marketing and powering those strategies through data-engineering techniques all the way to implementing and running your own tests on ad platforms. Example projects could include work around using generative AI to create millions of ad copies for our SEM campaigns, or using image recognition systems to better optimize our ad creative on Paid Social. You will own our advertising feed infrastructure and ensure the latest and greatest data is available for us to work with across our advertising initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you will need to wear many hats, from data analyst to data engineer to advertising specialist. You will work closely with our Paid + CRM team to understand workflows and come up with meaningful solutions to improve our overall strategy. This role is ideal for a problem solver who is motivated by finding ways to improve workflows and scrappy enough to build and execute on ideas.
The impact of this role will be significant, as it will enable Faire to drive platform growth through paid advertising more effectively and efficiently.
What you’ll do
- Improve our existing feed infrastructure through writing SQL queries (snowflake), pushing data to ad platforms (hightough) and automating workflows (airflow).
- Improve our SEM feeds to drive more growth through our paid search channel (SearchAds 360)
- Build dashboards for test campaigns across our major advertising platforms (Google Looker, Mode Dashboards)
- Write Ads Scripts to automate repetitive tasks across Google & Bing Ads
- Analyze data across growth channels to find automation opportunities and implement them to improve channel performance along with scaling our marketing efforts.
- Work on AI first growth marketing initiatives such as creative ad copy testing.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Creative, Data Science, and other Marketing functions to optimize our marketing campaign
- 2+ years experience in growth marketing automation
- Proficient in SQL, Python & GitHub
- Knowledge of Google apps script & Google ads script, FB CAPI
- Strong process thinker and can communicate easily across marketing and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant change; agility, flexibility, and capacity to balance multiple priorities at once
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeve
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $108,000 - $148,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $97,000 - $133,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)