Regional IT Support Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire is looking for a Regional IT Support Lead to join the Faire IT team in San Francisco. In this role, you’ll assume a dual position, combining leadership responsibilities with hands-on technical contributions. As the IT Support Lead, you will play a pivotal role in guiding and supervising the on-site support team in San Francisco, elevating our level of support and executing on our SLA goals. At the same time, you’ll actively engage in delivering and world class support to our internal teams.
Your leadership skills will be used to delegate tasks, inspire team members to meet deadlines, and collaborate closely with global IT Leadership to bring our vision to life. On the technical front, you’ll tackle challenges managing our SaaS apps, endpoint hardware, network troubleshooting, audiovisual support, and conference room hardware. You’ll be the primary point of contact for all things IT related for our San Francisco office. We’re seeking someone who is self-driven, passionate about the latest technology, and is eager to learn and grow with us.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the San Francisco IT Support team, ensuring we are always exceeding our high standards
- Assume a primary role in providing top-tier support for our internal teams, identifying the root causes of issues, and resolving and documenting the solutions to challenging problems
- Delegate tasks and motivate team members to meet our SLA goals and project deadlines
- Collaborate with IT Leadership to execute on our vision for IT at Faire
- Take ownership of the in-office technology experience for San Francisco and elevate our service delivery
- Administer SaaS applications such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, and Atlassian products, among others
- Work with teams across the organization to create an amazing experience for all new hires both in-office and remote
- Setup and troubleshoot A/V equipment for conference rooms and other collaboration spaces
- Evaluate existing and planned processes and provide feedback for improvements
- Anticipate and plan for issues and needs as Faire grows and scales
- 4+ years in an IT Support role
- Leadership experience
- Expert technical troubleshooting ability
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems and cut through technical details to deliver seamless solutions
- Uncompromising high standards of creating an amazing employee service experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a mixed environment with Macs, PCs, SaaS products, and A/V solutions
- Experience delivering long-term, root cause solutions to technical problems
- Passion for technology, driven to keep up with the latest trends
- Strong service orientation and passion for delivering innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Efficient organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bash, Python, Powershell, or other scripting experience
- Experience in automating SaaS data and administration workflows (Zapier, Jira Automation, etc.)
California: the pay range for this role is $84,000-$115,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)