Sales Development Representative, Brand Partnerships (NAM)
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire’s quality, depth and breadth of supply is its strongest value proposition to retailers and our Brand Partnerships team is at the forefront of our success by ensuring that the best and most relevant brands are on our platform. You will be directly contributing to the company’s success by scaling our current supply and ensuring that we meet the needs of our retailers.
We are looking for an agile self-starter who can ramp quickly and help us manage our prospective brands and partnership opportunities. Faire’s goal is to be the default platform for brands to sell their products wholesale and for independent retailers to source products for their store. That means there will be no shortage of opportunity to learn and grow as we continue to build the company in the coming months and years.
What you’ll do
- Learn and build an understanding of our sales process and collaborate with the team to build our brand directory
- Prospect/identify high-value brands that are a good fit for Faire’s retailers
- Directly contribute to our brand growth by qualifying inbound leads and applicant brands ● Identify customer needs and solve for gaps with creative outreach strategy & discovery including, but limited to: email copy, warm/cold calls, social media outreach, in-person events ● Relationship development with both brand partners as well as our Account Executive Sales team ● Have room to grow through special projects and into a full-fledged sales role or other opportunities within the company
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Passionate about our mission and working with small businesses -- many of whom are artisans and entrepreneurs -- and helping them thrive
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, curious, action-forward, and leads with integrity
- Clear organization and time management skills for handling 100s of prospective brand accounts ● Driven to learn & interpret data through running reports through sales systems ● Meticulous attention to detail & strong judgment in assessing best brand fits for Faire
- Excited to join and contribute to a fast-moving, high-potential, culture driven environment & comfortable with change
Nice to Have
- Experience with Salesforce or any Sales automation system (e.g. Salesloft)
- 1-2 years+ of retail or customer-facing work experience
- Seeking strong work culture + community
- Entrepreneurial mindset!
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $68,000 to 93,500 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $62,000 to 84,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual On-Target Earnings (OTE) will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The OTE range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)