Finance Systems Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are seeking a Finance Systems Lead to help us elevate and scale the systems and tools that support our Finance and Accounting teams. You will oversee a team responsible for building and managing our finance tech stack, which includes tools such as but not limited to Netsuite, Workday, ADP, Concur, Workiva, Zip, and financial planning systems. This is the first role on a new team with lots of white space and runway to craft the strategy and roadmap we take on our finance and business systems to maximize for Faire.
You will be responsible for overseeing the systems roadmap, prioritizing key initiatives, scoping out major work including technical requirements, and partnering with team members to implement, document, and roll out changes to the team. You will also be responsible for designing the systems team based on business needs and priorities, hiring key roles, and managing and supporting the growth and development of the team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to wear many hats, from team manager to systems architect to contract negotiator to QA analyst. You will need to work closely with finance and accounting partners to understand workflows and pain points, come up with recommendations and solutions, and help the team build and architect as needed. This role is ideal for a problem solver who is motivated by finding ways to improve workflows by providing the tools and data necessary for success.
The impact of this role will be significant, as it will enable Faire employees to use tools and software more effectively and bring greater automation to our workflows, ultimately improving decision-making processes.
What you’ll do
- Manage and support critical financial applications, including NetSuite ERP and other key finance SaaS applications (payroll, AP/AR, expense/procurement, planning, bank integrations)
- Act as a technical thought partner and execute the technical roadmap for public company readiness.
- Act as the principal administrator, manage vendor relationships and system integrator engagements.
- Partner with finance, tech, and other business stakeholders to develop system roadmaps and strategy for process improvement and automation within the finance ecosystem, guiding system solution and technical approach to solving business problems.
- Gather requirements cross-functionally (business, reporting, analytics) to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications and help select the right financial system solutions.
- Technical SME for all system activities for Enterprise system implementations, enhancements, and integration projects. Configure fields, forms, workflows, reports and dashboards, integrations, and other complex configuration modules.
- Ensure internal control compliance across finance systems, including access and change management controls as well as supporting IT dependent controls which includes system generated reports.
- 5+ years experience in finance/business systems
- 3+ years experience with Netsuite (ideally experience as a solution architect or developer)
- 2+ years in management role overseeing systems, IT, engineers or other technical roles
- Ideally experience with other finance tools including ADP, Workday, Zip, Workiva, financial planning systems
- Strong process thinker and can communicate easily across finance and technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constant change; agility, flexibility, and capacity to balance multiple priorities at once
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to hire, train, manage and retain a team
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $186,000-$256,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $167,500-$230,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)