Business Intelligence Manager, Finance
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Data Manager to scale a critically important function responsible for building and maintaining systems, processes and services that enable us to understand financial performance and unlock key business insights at Faire. The ideal candidate for this role will ensure key business metrics and transactional data inputs to financial reporting are accurate, easy-to-understand, and scalable. This role will sit in the Finance department and collaborate with team members from a breadth of functional groups across Faire, including Accounting, Analytics Engineering and Data Infrastructure. This role will have a tremendous impact on the ability for Faire employees to use data effectively in order to make impactful decisions. As part of managing this function, you will have the opportunity to write the roadmap for how we improve access to business critical data and unlock automation that amplifies the impact of a variety of functions. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, scope and contribute to complex query production, troubleshooting and data synthesis of key business performance metrics and financial reporting
- Key analytical partner to the Finance and Accounting teams: manage core financial statement ETLs and provide the support required to execute weekly business reviews, monthly close processes, audits and all other forms of financial reporting
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships across Analytics Engineering, Data Infrastructure and Finance as a key translator and process improver that can help us operate more effectively
- Gather ongoing requirements from product and operational teams in partnership with Accounting to ensure the core ledgers accurately keep up with changes in the business
- Unlock workflow automation with use of the latest capabilities made possible by Generative AI
- BA/BS degree, ideally in computer science, math or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics or comparable function
- Ability to hire, train, manage and retain a team of analysts
- Experience working with large transactional data sets, building ETL tables, performing in-depth data analyses in SQL, and creating KPI reports and dashboards
- You are a team player and love to deliver outstanding results in a group setting
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
Salary Range: California / New York: the pay range for this role is $147,000- $202,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?