Strategic Finance Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to take on a variety of strategic, operational, and analytical projects to drive quality growth for our business. At Faire, you’ll have the chance to lead mission-critical projects end to end -- from working on strategic planning and analysis to presenting your recommendations to Faire’s leadership team and working cross-functionally with our product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams on implementation.
This is an opportunity to join a team where you’re set up for success and play an integral role in helping us scale.
Capital is necessary in every business, but at Faire it serves as a core value proposition to our customers. The Finance & Strategy team ensures we have access to it and are spending it effectively, but also wears several other hats at Faire including strategic growth planning, company-wide performance management, and business analytics. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally on some of our highest priority projects to help drive continued rapid and high-quality growth! This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to gain exposure to partnering with a variety of functions including product, growth, sales and data science.
What you’ll do
- Lead strategic planning across one or more functional areas of company, partnering with a wide range of leaders throughout the organization to position the business for future success
- Identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by synthesizing insights, building financial models and developing KPIs for real-time monitoring of performance, investor relations and fundraising
- A Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in strategic corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting
- You are analytical and data-driven - you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- You are a team player that wants to win while also having fun with teammates along the way
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
California: the pay range for this role is $147,000 - $202,000
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?