Apparel Strategy & Operations Senior Lead
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This is an opportunity to define and build our Apparel go-to-market strategy globally. You will help establish our roadmap and drive strategic initiatives to accelerate growth and our flywheel. You’ll lead critical projects end to end across strategic planning, new growth opportunity identification, and implementation. This is a high visibility role expected to regularly present category performance, new insights, and recommendations to Faire’s executive team.
In this role, you'll operate as an individual contributor with heavy influence in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data rigorous environment. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of Faire’s success by accelerating one of our largest categories and ensuring that we are the leading destination for Apparel wholesale all over the world. Please note, this role is based in our San Francisco, CA office.
What you’ll do
- Develop, refine, and execute on go-to-market and expansion strategies
- Be the internal expert on Faire’s Apparel business
- Monitor and report out on category performance by doing analyses, conducting research, and building reports and KPI dashboards
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and complete in-depth analyses to translate data into meaningful insights
- Structure complex and ambiguous strategic questions with a mix of analytical rigor, customer insight, and input from internal and external experts
- Present your findings/recommendations and discuss their implications with Faire’s executive team
- Develop operational processes and fill gaps to translate your recommendations into execution in collaboration with Product, Sales, Marketing, Ops, and Finance teams
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in consulting and/or business operations at a high growth startup and/or marketplace business. Apparel experience is preferred.
- You are highly analytical and data-driven. You can complete complex analyses, define critical metrics, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business. You enjoy analytical work and rolling up your sleeves to get to the right answer
- You have the ability to both lead through influence and execute extremely well
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to synthesize at the right altitude
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business and P&L, multiple regions, and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Knowledge of SQL required
- You must be based in or willing to relocate to San Francisco, CA
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $176,000 - 242,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?