Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate, Molecular and Cell Biology
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
eGenesis is seeking a Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate to join the Development team to contribute to method development and performing molecular assays in support of all of eGenesis’ xenotransplantation programs. In this role, you will have a the opportunity to get hands-on training from experts in porcine cell culture and molecular biology techniques. You will also gain experience in running various assays to characterize genome altered cells, including G-band karyotyping, Oxford Nanopore Technology and Bioanano Optical Genome Mapping. You will be responsible for executing assays and collaborating with the Development and Quality teams to deliver data on genome engineered cell lines.
- Porcine cell derivation from tissues, expansion, maintenance, and storage
- Manage and operate various NGS platforms, including Oxford Nanopore Technology and Bionano genome mapping
- Work with external CROs to help generate stability, integrity, and safety data on engineered cell lines
- Collaborate with other members in the Development and Quality teams to deliver data on genome engineered cell lines
- Record and document scientific data (analytical test methods, SOPs, etc.) for development, quality, and regulatory filings
- BS/MS with at least 2 years of molecular biology experience. Industry experience is preferred
- Experience in cell culture techniques, flow cytometry, qPCR and conducting mammalian cell biology experiments
- Experience with cell derivation from tissues, genome engineering mammalian cells, and operational knowledge of basic laboratory techniques, including NGS is preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Strong communication and organizational skill