Scientist I, Computational Biology
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
eGenesis is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist I, Computational Biology, to join our team of scientists in advancing our mission to make xenotransplantation a reality. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in genomics and a demonstrated ability to build and optimize computational pipelines. This individual will play a crucial role in analyzing sequencing datasets, providing insights into gene edited products, and contributing to our overall development efforts. The successful candidate will be a key collaborator within a diverse team of scientists working towards a common goal. This role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to learn how research translates to the clinic and to gain experience in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) setting, while also getting exposure to novel research and methods development.
- Conduct data analysis, interpretation, and visualization of genomics, transcriptomics, and epigenomics datasets.
- Develop and maintain computational pipelines for the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of scientists to design and execute experiments, integrate computational methods into research projects, and provide data-driven insights.
- Assist in data organization, management, and maintenance to ensure data integrity.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in computational biology and genomics to implement best practices.
- A Ph.D., OR a master's degree with 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, engineering, computer science, or a related quantitative field.
- A strong ability to program with R and Python.
- Experience analyzing diverse genomics datasets including whole genomes, transcriptomics, single-cell sequencing, and epigenomics.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, gene editing, and/or immunology is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and optimizing computational pipelines.
- Experience with AWS cloud computing and SevenBridges data analysis platform is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatics pipeline development such as NextFlow or Snakemake
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse team of scientists.