lafayette, in, usa
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
At eGenesis, we aspire to deliver safe and effective human transplantable cells, tissue and organs utilizing the latest advancements in genome editing.
The Embryologist I shall provide embryology support for GMP production within the GMP production facility. This position will report to the Senior Director of Embryo Production. The Embryologist will work in accordance with the company standard operating procedure (SOPs) for GMP facility, regulatory agencies guidelines, and perform tasks in accordance with the company’s mission. This position will be required to shower-in into the animal facility to perform the required tasks.
- Be responsible for carrying out GMP laboratory activities and functions in a manner that is consistent with the eGenesis’ operating procedures.
- Perform and assist in day to day laboratory processes, including porcine oocyte handling and evaluation from LOPU donors as well as embryo handling for embryo transfers.
- Follow SOPs and maintain highest quality of standards in performing daily laboratory duties.
- Operate and maintain all equipment necessary to performing designated laboratory tasks.
- Provide general support and upkeep of the laboratory including maintaining inventory of media, reagents, solutions, and aliquots.
- Be responsible for providing assistance in support of eGenesis activities, primarily in vitro embryo production in porcine.
- In coordination with supervisor, develop and update reports and documentation regarding laboratory processes and results.
- Document GMP records into an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Document laboratory processes, equipment operations and staff training on new laboratory processes.
- Promote and adhere to safety in the workplace by following safe work practices and enforcing health and safety regulations. Report unsafe acts and conditions and ensure equipment is properly maintained. Report all accidents/incidents. Inspect own area and take remedial action to minimize or eliminate hazards. Complete required training assignments, forms, and other paperwork.
- B.S. in Animal Science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an in vitro embryo production lab in an academic or industry setting
- Knowledge of porcine embryology is beneficial but not required
- Working knowledge of lab equipment
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands or arms, lift, and operate a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust to focus. The employee frequently is required to lift laboratory supplies and equipment within the daily routine. The employee will be required to handle and work with large animals on a daily basis.
- This position will be required to shower-in into the animal facility to perform the required tasks. This position operates in multiple environments, including office, laboratory, and animal husbandry environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.