Customer Success Manager
About the Team
The Inside Account Management team is dedicated to retention, satisfaction, and growth of our SMB merchant partners. We’re a team of sales, account management, and solutions professionals predominantly located in Phoenix, AZ.
About the Role
The Merchant Success Manager is responsible for a merchant's long-term retention, engagement and overall satisfaction with DoorDash. You will cultivate our relationships with SMB business owners, while helping them craft a successful partnership with DoorDash. You will demonstrate a broad scope, including holding periodic business check-ins, making operational improvements, troubleshooting product-related bugs, recommending marketing strategies, and ensuring high levels of satisfaction and retention on a book of accounts.
You will report to the Inside Sales Manager on our Inside Account Management team. We expect this role to be flexible in terms of time spent remote and in-office with the ability to travel as needed for in-person collaboration through trainings, offsites, team-building events, and other business related necessity.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Make outbound dials to existing merchants from your book of business (200+ accounts) to upsell them on DoorDash products and marketing spend
- Establish goals and key performance indicators for current DoorDash partners (SMB restaurant merchants)
- Advise business owners on promotions and spending to achieve their revenue goals
- Communicate with merchants by phone and email on an ongoing basis to monitor and support progress toward their goals
- Deliver and present quarterly business reviews ("QBR") that review a brand’s partnership with DoorDash, pinpointing success, highlighting areas for revenue optimizations, and planning for areas of opportunity and growth
- Reduce churn, while identifying and supporting new store expansions
- Collaborate with internal growth teams to identify the best products to pitch to merchants
- Ability to travel as needed for in-person collaboration through trainings, offsites, team-building events, and other business related necessity
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1+ years of experience in client-facing sales roles, increasing customer satisfaction, retention, and product adoption
- You have 1+ years of experience in sales, preferably outbound dials
- You have 1+ years of experience in business operations or related setting
- You have experience in prior sales, account management, portfolio management, or related roles
- You have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM tools
- You are versed in using Google Sheets or Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), on an intermediate to proficient level
- You demonstrate empathy with customer needs and adapt to meet their unique goals
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.