Sr. Manager, HR & Finance Systems
About the Team
Our HR and Finance systems are part of the IT Corporate Applications function, a growing team focused on delivering and supporting integrations, automations, middleware, and back office applications for our internal IT customers. The HR and Finance Systems team is composed of System Engineers, Business System Analysts.
We move fast and have audacious goals, scaling to meet the demands of an enterprise that has grown at a pace only seen in the largest tech success stories.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be the visionary leader who leads the back office HR and Finance strategy for IT, transforming and elevating how we deliver our IT services and selling leadership on new ways to drive efficiency and productivity through the platforms you manage.
You’ll build scalable processes and partner with Information Security to protect our information assets, while identifying creative solutions to accelerate our delivery through technology.
You will report to the head of our IT Corporate Applications function..
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build strong relationships with our IT stakeholders by anticipating their needs and delivering before they ask
- Establish clear, measurable expectations for your team and provide the tools and the environment they need to meet those expectations
- Utilize automation and process optimization to deliver 10x results with 2x investment, building scalability and flexibility into infrastructure operations
- Treat every DoorDash asset as your personal responsibility, ensuring that every decision we make aligns to our goals and financial commitments
- Commit to inclusion both within your team and across functions, leading by example and ensuring everyone has a seat at the table and all voices are heard
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years experience with at least 5 years managing HR and Finance systems teams
- You have deep experience with the Workday platform and a strong understanding of HRIS domains like HCM, Compensation, Absence, Time Tracking and Recruitment
- You have experience leading Workday technical projects by implementing Workday Studio, API, EIB (Enterprise Interface Builder), Core Connectors, Payroll connectors and other middleware products.
- You have strong understanding and extensive experience working with finance business applications like NetSuite, Coupa, BREX, Zip, Navan as well as other SaaS applications.
- You’ve managed a remote workforce
- You know how to make a compelling business case with clear ROI supported by data / you’re a compelling salesperson that can drive a vision
- You’re familiar with industry best practices, but you’re creative in developing iterative approaches to maturing IT services while resource constrained
- You’ve scaled an IT Systems function, growing service reach through a combination of process, tooling, hiring, and sourcing
- You have experience in Scrum/Agile methodology as well as building velocity and operational matrix using jira stories and epics
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.