Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an analytical and entrepreneurial operator to join our team as a Senior Associate on our Strategy & Operations team, as part of the U.S. Markets team. Our mission is to grow local business within DoorDash, building best-in-class experiences for both our customers and our merchants alike. You will dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, create high-impact strategies, and work alongside internal and external stakeholders to develop our brand and grow our business.
About the Role(s)
We are looking for 3 Senior Associates to join our US Local Markets team. Positions are available in our Austin, Los Angeles, and DC offices.
You will report to a regional General Manager within our Strategy & Operations organization.
As a part of the broader U.S. Markets team, you will play a key part in unlocking the next phase of growth for our local merchants. In a typical day, you may complete a variety of tasks such as conceiving and completing experiments to grow our market share, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to grow their work, and working side-by-side with partners such as Merchant, Dasher, DashPass, New Verticals, Marketing and other local teams to help shape our future growth.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conduct business-critical analyses--and act on them. You have a natural curiosity to leverage data to solve problems and identify opportunities. Most importantly, you are able to translate these insights into your own actionable experiments and initiatives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to stand-up and implement new initiatives. In a large and fast-growing business, it takes a village to build needle-moving campaigns. You’re keen to build relationships and mobilize teams across the business--from Sales to Marketing to Product to Analytics.
- Build for the long-term. You’re a strategic thinker who is able to see the big picture, set key business goals and milestones, and then work relentlessly to realize the vision.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience. You’ve successfully managed initiatives and driven results in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, strategy, operations, consulting, banking or a related experience); High-growth startup experience is a plus.
- You solve problems from first principles. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re action-oriented. You have a bias towards action and driving results
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re an expert at pulling your own data and modeling in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You’re a relationship-builder. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of functions
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.