Business Development Executive
About the Team
Account Development works with DoorDash partners across the United States and Canada in efforts to help grow their business on the platform. Our Strategic Account Development team engages with restaurant partners in person and over the phone and are regionally based within the markets they sell to. The team is split into selling pods focused on specific solutions to help our merchants. This includes Advertising on the DoorDash marketplace and supporting their onsite business using DoorDash as a platform. It is a constantly evolving team, integrating new products and driving the road map for future products.
About the Role
We're looking for a Business Development Executive to help us acquire, retain, and grow the highest value merchant's in the SMB vertical onto DoorDash. You will win and manage some of the top restaurants in the US. You will strengthen the partnership of these valuable local merchants by leveraging our existing suite of products and building new solutions that meet their unique operations. As part of a new and growing team, you will work alongside a select group of top salespeople across all parts of the sales organization. You will build processes, set attainment expectations, and establish new ways of operating by partnering with Regional Leadership, Selection Intelligence, Strategy, Finance, Product teams, and more.
You will report to the Team Lead of Business Development - SMB within our Account Development Sales organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the pre-sale process for top acquisition targets within your region, who will join DoorDash for the first time including the post sale activation and handoff process to Strategic Partner Managers
- Ensure the long-term success for our top partners across acquisition, activation, retention and growth through high touch Merchant relationships and partnership with internal Services, Support and Strategic Partner Managers
- Work with internal teams including Account Management, Finance, Selection Intelligence, Strategy & Operations, Product to grow partnerships through iterating on products and the sales processes behind them
- Use internal data to explain our business model to merchants and how they can use our products to grow their business Collaborate internally with Strategic Partner Managers who manage these existing partnerships to approach the merchants with new products
- Be an expert in the DoorDash platform including all pre and post-sale products
- Help us refine an internal guide for building these complex partnerships with our most important merchants
- Gather and communicate merchant feedback to our Product teams to ensure the product innovates to fit merchant's needs
- Travel into different markets (up to 40% travel) - offered flexible hours and the option to work from home
We're excited about you because you have…
- Experience leading an end-to-end sales cycle
- Experience working with existing clients to upsell, cross-sell or expand
- Experience working collaboratively across internal teams
- Project management experience, related to managing a longer sales process
- Record of success and high attainment of sales targets
- Experience leading strategic deals in client-facing work
- Ability to move the conversation in a mutually beneficial direction
- Curiosity and experience using data to influence stakeholders
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
The estimated pay range for this position represents total on-target earnings (including base salary and on target incentive pay). In addition, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Applications for this position are accepted on an ongoing basis