Key Outside Account Executive - Strategic Growth - Chicago
About the Team
The Outside Sales team has been the face of DoorDash to our merchant partners since our founding in 2013. Stationed locally, this team creates deep partnerships with the most coveted local and regional restaurants in any given geography. Our Outside Sales team is the revenue driving arm of DoorDash and ensures the growth of our SMB partnerships which help strengthen operations, accelerate consumer growth, and improve our bottom line.
About the Role
We are looking for a Strategic Growth Lead for the Outside Sales team to establish partnerships with our most sought after holdout merchants across the country. The key to strategic growth at DoorDash is partnering with the right merchants in terms of quality and forming long lasting partnerships to increase incremental growth by targeted market . The shift in focus from quantity to quality while focusing on the premiere restaurants in our most competitive geos will unlock new customers while narrowing the competition. A more skilled conversation for our more skilled prospects, these sellers will work cross functionally with our strategy and operations selection and market teams and serve as liaisons between the pre and post sale customer journey. This role will require a minimum of 40% travel / availability to be in their market. Strong objection handling, creative sales tactics and acumen as well as deal and product curation is a fundamental part of this role. In addition to experience with a more detailed and extended deal cycle is required. Experience working in outside sales profound market knowledge is necessary.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own your book of business and individual market
- Represent DoorDash’s full suite of services (e.g. Marketplace, DoorDash Drive, POS Integration)
- Empower your local economy while growing the breadth of DoorDash’s scope with new customers
- Advocate for Merchants internally and externally
- Master our service offerings — address merchant issues by solving problems and applying product knowledge to win deals
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic terms in a highly organized sales cycle with the goal of closing deals within a few weeks
We're excited about you because…
- 4+ years in a qualifying or prospecting role, direct-selling experience a is a plus
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Experience or an interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Proven over-performance in a quota-carrying role
- You approach challenges with fervor
- A structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- An interest in implementing feedback and dedication to the improvement of your craft
- Tenacity and an ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- You are proficient in using a CRM (Salesforce) and Google Apps
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.