Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations - Ads & Promotions
About the Team
Our Ads & Promotions team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core audiences. We provide digital solutions to help advertisers reach DoorDash audiences. This role will be responsible for owning a portion of our International Ads and Promotions businesses – one of our fast-growing business lines within this overall high-priority business for DoorDash.
About the Role
- Single-handedly own the overall strategy and execution for certain products across DoorDash’s international markets (Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) – including both ad campaigns and/or promotions campaigns.
- Leverage data to root-cause weekly performance gaps and identify (and implement) incremental growth initiatives.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management teams to build goals, understand opportunities for improvement, own end-to-end development and execution of improved processes, and build a path to revenue attainment.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Science and other tech teams to scope new features & products, monitor product adoption, and unblock obstacles and technical challenges.
- Work with local go-to-market teams on product releases, training adoption, objection-handling, and troubleshooting.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own: You are not afraid to single-handedly own a revenue target, and build plans to hit business goals.
- Build: You like going from 0-1, and 1-10. You want to get in early, identify trends, and leverage insights to scale.
- Operate: You want to roll up your sleeves, get to the lowest level of detail, and scale.
- Collaborate: You value cross-functional partnerships, and will thrive at working across Operations, Product, Sales, Engineering, and more to deliver results.
- Enable: You love equipping other teams with what they need to be successful. You are able to take feedback and put it into action.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience in a role in strategy & operations, business planning, consulting, program management, or product marketing (advertising experience a plus).
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally, and delivering on business goals in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- You’re a data-driven problem solver who is fluent in Excel/Google Sheets (SQL experience is a plus, and willingness to learn SQL is a must).
- You’re eager to dive into difficult problems without a playbook, diagnose root causes, analyze data, and devise an action plan.
- You thrive while wearing multiple hats and working across a variety of projects and workstreams.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.