Representative, Community Response
About the Team
The Trust and Safety team improves the quality of DoorDash operations through adjudication of background checks and insurance claims, investigation of safety incidents, and implementation of quality measures for users. On-demand food delivery has many advantages; however, there are extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to the Customers, Dashers, and Merchants.
Trust and Safety presents a united front to protect the experience of Merchants, Customers and Dashers while solving these logistics challenges. This team's work helps in building internal and external relationships while protecting DoorDash's brand. We work with our internal partners to solve and reduce escalations, monitor daily quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. At DoorDash we empower our teams to focus on creating an amazing experience for our Merchants, Customers, and Dashers. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash's operations.
About the Role…
The Trust and Safety Representative is always looking for ways to help the team become more efficient by streamlining processes and identifying issues and resolutions. You can use logic to make informed decisions that help ensure that our Customers, Dashers, and Merchants have the best experience possible on the DoorDash platform. Reporting into the Trust and Safety Supervisor, the Trust and Safety Representative is someone that has high-bandwidth and is proficient in the following areas:
- Investigations, scheduling calls, conducting follow ups, and summarizing findings
- Supporting customers over phone and email, while referencing internal policies to reach desired outcomes
- Navigating the different channels of an investigation while keeping partners updated
- Identifying trends and root-causes
- Performing analysis to make informed decisions
- Handling information and investigations of sensitive nature with an empathetic approach
- Project management
At DoorDash, we believe in fostering a culture of meaningful connection, collaboration, and professional growth through in-office interactions. This position requires an in-office presence at the DoorDash corporate office in Tempe and the employee must live within a commutable 50 miles from the office. In-office days are determined by the business and can change based on business needs. Connect with the recruiter to determine what the in-office requirement for this role is.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Manage incoming reports from customers and dashers to provide a high-quality and empathetic response
- Investigate and evaluate complex cases to understand areas where DoorDash can improve
- Develop expertise in how DoorDash's processes and resources work, and how to use them to promote positive outcomes
- Demonstrate relationship-building with peers and company leaders
- Work with the Strategy & Operations and Product teams to problem solve and build solutions that address quality issues upstream
- Improve our operational processes so we can support all portions of our business
- 3+ years of work experience in high demand environment
- Data competency, including the ability to answer inquiries from internal partners
- Proficiency in identifying trends and product/operational countermeasures
- Proficiency in operating autonomously while working with internal partners
- An eye for product improvements, and the ability to partner with product and engineering to get them into the roadmap, and analyze their impact
- Top-notch grammar, spelling, and the ability to compose communications both formally and casually using DoorDash's brand voice and tone
- Experience with adjudications, case work and government documents
- Optimism in the face of challenges and negative situations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of work experience
- Chartio and SQL experience is beneficial
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You are motivated and have a passion to take on more than your daily responsibilities
- You are unafraid of change and taking on new workflows and responsibilities as our team evolves
- You are responsible -- you can track your progress towards goals, and will ask for help or communicate upwards if you run into any problems
- You are curious -- you love investigating and can get to the lowest level of detail when solving a problem
- You are customer-centric and you love helping people
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.