Merchant Services Team Supervisor
About the Team
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and scope of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
As a Team Supervisor within Merchant Services, you will play a pivotal role in fostering team excellence and motivation. Your primary focus will be on people-centric leadership, encouraging your team members to strive for continuous improvement. Reporting to the Manager, the Team Supervisor takes ownership of team performance, facilitates coaching through regular 1:1 sessions, and actively collaborates with cross-functional partners to enhance processes, resolve issues, and drive a superior experience for our stakeholders.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conduct weekly 1:1 sessions with direct reports and monthly skip-level meetings to foster strong team relationships and individual growth.
- Drive change management initiatives to ensure smooth transitions downstream and within your team.
- Manage and align team performance with OKRs and departmental goals, driving a results-oriented approach.
- Lead efforts to improve and scale daily operations, making operations more efficient and effective.
- Oversee and run pilot projects within your team to test and implement new strategies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, enhancing partnerships and achieving collective goals.
- Play an instrumental role in shaping and executing team strategies that align with organizational objectives.
- Provide input and contribute to the development of team strategies to drive success.
- Participate in and support organization-wide initiatives aimed at achieving overarching goals.
- Collaborate on cross-functional (XFN) projects and initiatives to promote synergy across the organization.
We’re excited about you because…
- You leverage a proactive approach to Merchant onboarding success by anticipating issues, strategizing on solutions, and recommending specific actions to your cross-functional partners to ensure a defect-free onboarding
- You have demonstrated a commitment to building strong team cultures where making room at the table is paramount.
- You enjoy diagnosing issues and developing creative approaches to solving challenges.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- You are detail-oriented and organized - you are able to organize content in a way that is easily digestible by a wide variety of audiences.
- You are good at prioritizing competing priorities and delegating work to your team members.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management or supervisor experience, demonstrating effective leadership.
- Over 5 years of experience in operations, customer service, or other relevant fields.
- Proficiency in using Google Suite or similar software, including data creation and management in Google Sheets.
- Experience with SQL or similar query languages to search internal databases.
- Proven track record of supporting teams in setting and achieving targets.
- Prior experience supporting direct reports with career growth and performance.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Google Sheets with a strong understanding of data analytics.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to lead and inspire teams to achieve continuous improvement.
- Collaboration with cross-functional partners to drive process enhancements.
- A dynamic and fast-paced work environment where personal and professional growth are encouraged.
- Impactful role in resolving high-visibility escalations and enhancing stakeholder experiences.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.