Manager, Business Development
About the Team
The New Business Development team is a small, fast-paced, high-performing group responsible for establishing and scaling new lines of business at DoorDash. The team’s primary function is revenue-generating partnerships, but it also touches product enabling partnerships, strategy, product management, marketing, operations, analytics, finance, legal, and functions necessary to vet and scale new offerings. You will report to the Director of New Business Development.
About the Role
As the Manager of Business Development you will report into the Director of New Business Development in our Merchant Business Development organization. Your role will be focused on establishing partnerships in the retail and logistics verticals that will unlock the next phase of growth for one of DoorDash Drive’s most promising new bets.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Negotiate first of kind deals with leading retailers and e-commerce logistics players that will drive step change growth
- Cultivate senior-level executive relationships with partners at top retailers & e-commerce logistics providers
- Shape product roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback
- Work and serve as the liaison between our existing or prospective partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other teams
- Develop pitch and positioning for new products or partner segments
- Manage pipelines of target partners, or grow existing partnerships
- Develop template agreements and negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
- Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
- Inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on new partnerships
- Identify and pursue creative growth opportunities within the Drive organization
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups
- You have negotiated numerous commercial deals and partnerships
- You have retail, ecommerce, or marketplace industry experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You are entrepreneurially minded with a nose for opportunity and risk
- You are comfortable making decisions based on imperfect data
- You are a collaborator, and consensus builder
- You set and communicate clear visions and strategies for your teams
- You are naturally optimistic, but not blinded by conviction
- You cultivate mutually beneficial relationships
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others. In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.