Engineering Manager, Notification Experience
About the Team
The Notification Experience team is responsible for handling a number of initiatives that will fuel DoorDash’s growth in the coming years and beyond. The Notification Experience team is responsible for building and maintaining Notification Hub (the bell icon in homepage), user interaction prompts for in-app navigation and the application badging behavior. The platforms and features built by this team directly interact with our entire customer base daily. This team is responsible for a significant amount of top line growth of the entire org. We are a team of backend, frontend and mobile engineers that build both the foundational backend framework to enable this experience and the niche presentation layer specializations in front end. The team is part of the larger Consumer Growth organization that focuses on growing our monthly active user base.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with product sense to lead the Notification Experience team. You will manage a full-stack engineering team across mobile, web, and backend platforms. We design and build a new ecosystem to fuel the acquisition and engagement of consumers throughout their journey. It knows users' interests, personalized communication content, and reaches out at the right time. We empower our internal teams to self-serve and launch workflows for 25M monthly active users, with no more waiting on Eng resources! The end goal is to set the standard for digital storefronts to recreate local shopping experience in the palm of your hand.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage a full-stack team with iOS, Android, web, and backend engineers
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for the team and deliver immense impact
- Inspire the team with your technical vision and create the alignment necessary to execute on it
- Build an outstanding team by coaching engineers, empowering engineers through delegation, and applying your technical expertise to hold your team to the highest engineering standards
- Scale the team by recruiting, retaining, and developing highly talented engineers across different disciplines
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with working with non-technical stakeholders, cross-team collaboration, and building scalable products in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work with product and business partners to collect non-technical requirements to design and build scalable experience solutions.
- Ability to guide and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, whether we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- You grow here faster than other places because we move and grow fast. You practice muscles like leading through chaos, ruthless prioritization, and crisis management.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.