Senior Manager, Planning Strategy & Operations
About the Team
Our US Marketplace team is responsible for growing the DoorDash business in the US, helping customers to discover & order what’s best in their city, merchants to grow their sales, and dashers to find flexible work.
About the Role
The US Marketplace team is looking for a motivated and hands-on operator to lead our Strategy & Planning function. In this role, you’ll lead the reviews and presentations of our quarterly marketplace growth goals, including our investment allocation review. You’ll also lead planning for the US Marketplace team, building our long-term vision and key metrics, driving new initiatives, and aligning key stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Finance, Analytics, Engineering, Operations, and more. You will implement a structured and efficient approach to business planning at the global level. This role reports to the Head of US Marketplace Growth.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Craft DoorDash’s US Marketplace Strategy, defining strategic and operational objectives
- Build – Explore growth opportunities alongside our partners in Product, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Analytics, Operations teams
- Program Management - Drive accountability across the organization and ensure a highly structured approach to growth trends, investment allocation, business reporting/meetings, and strategy reviews
- Influence – Work cross-functionally across the US Marketplace Organization and broader DoorDash to align on key priorities, North Star Objectives and resourcing needs
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We're excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in business operations / general management, strategy, product operations or management consulting; high-growth startup experience is advantageous
- You have a proven track record of leading highly-complex projects, working cross-functionally, and delivering results on time
- You always look for ways to improve and want to shape the direction of the company
- You have exceptional analytical experience (Excel/Google Sheets/SQL), and are proficient at (and a fast learner of) a variety of other tech platforms
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You have people management experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 3/17/2023