About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play an important, interim role in growing our New Zealand business! This is a rare opportunity to partner with other members of our fast-growing ANZ Marketing team to help execute the launch of DoorDash in key New Zealand markets. We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep marketing knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants.
About the Role
Doordash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we are looking for a Marketing Manager [12 Month Contract] that will primarily support our expansion across NZ - the go-to person for end-to-end campaign management for complex, high-priority integrated campaigns that are tasked with driving business results and changing consumer perception about the DoorDash brand. In partnership with leaders across brand, CRM, analytics, growth and more, they will own the planning, management, and reporting for priority omni-channel campaigns. With experience in project management, brand marketing, and channel strategy, they will exercise judgment to prioritize workflows, manage key campaign milestones, communicate dependencies, and jump in where needed to execute campaign elements. As such, the ideal candidate is attentive to detail, skilled at communicating with diverse teams, and has experience in campaign production so they are able to anticipate possible project roadblock, or jump in to execute as required. You will report to the Head of Marketing, Australia.
What You'll Do
- Create clear and actionable data-driven strategic plans to evolve and drive new customers and volume in new and existing markets
- Manage relationships with cross-functional teams to execute campaigns; coordinating tightly with other marketing functions, including brand strategy, social, partnerships, and retention, creative and PR to ensure campaigns fit with overall DoorDash objectives and communications timelines
- Thrive as the central liaison between teams and cross-functional partners responsible for prioritization, planning, and reporting across major campaigns.
- Leverage knowledge about online and offline channels to ensure campaign plans are comprehensive, multi-channel, and set up for success.
- Exercise influence and collaboration to ensure campaign objectives are shared across teams and everyone is aligned with the North Star goal of each campaign.
- Find creative solutions to risks and roadblocks that may jeopardize a campaign–you’re excited about tackling problems and rolling up your sleeves to ensure key programs stay on track.
- A willingness to jump in and execute against plan, should this be working with a creative agency in campaign production or briefing the media agency on a new project opportunity.
- 4+ years brand, growth or integrated marketing experience with budget accountability
- Fluency across the marketing mix - full funnel from brand-building through to direct response
- Production experience across multiple channels including digital, video and other ATL channels
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical and comfortable operating in a highly data-driven organisation
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders. Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers. We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners. We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed. Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash. The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.