Director, Workplace Experience
About the Team
The Employee Experience & Development (EXD) team is a nimble, high-impact team whose cross-functional work connects, develops, and motivates our people to invent and build beyond what they thought possible. We are responsible for designing and delivering enterprise-wide experiences and development programs to drive employee performance, engagement, and retention at scale. This team builds solutions to help employees thrive at DoorDash through four key functions: (1) Learning & Development, (2) Internal Mobility, (3) Employee Experience, and (4) Workplace Experience. Come help us build DoorDash’s future!
About the Role
As DoorDash’s Head of Workplace Experience, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our global workplace ecosystem. We’re seeking a highly-strategic and data-driven leader to design and implement a workplace strategy that fosters an exceptional employee experience, drives local culture, and fuels collaboration and connection in our offices. You will partner closely with peers across our Real Estate, Security, IT, Employee Experience, and Administrative teams to ensure our offices are intuitive, welcoming, and inclusive spaces where employees can thrive.
DoorDash’s Workplace Experience team manages 25 corporate offices, coworking spaces, and DoorDash Labs facilities across the U.S., Latin America and Australasia, with responsibilities spanning workplace operations, office amenities (including food & beverage), facilities management, events management, and local office engagement. This role reports to the Senior Director of Employee Experience & Development, as part of DoorDash’s larger People Team.
While this is a hybrid role with flexibility to work from home some of the time, we expect this leader to spend much of their time in the corporate office you are closest to, with travel to other offices 10-20% of the time.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you’ll…
- [Vision & Strategy] Develop and implement a forward-thinking, data-driven workplace strategy focused on enabling the success of the individuals and teams who utilize our spaces.
- [Team Leadership] Lead, coach, and motivate a distributed team of workplace professionals to realize our vision, adapt to changing business needs with optimism, and support their individual growth and success.
- [Space Planning & Technology] Leverage and own Workplace Technology and collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize space utilization and plans for future growth.
- [Scale & Standardization] Implement new global standards and vendor agreements to drive efficiency and ensure a consistent level of service across our global footprint.
- [Office Engagement] Develop strategies to drive office utilization and employee satisfaction at a global scale, empowering your team to own local culture in the offices they manage.
- [Events Management] Support your team in scaling our Events & Hospitality function, to provide a scaled service that business leaders trust to support their team onsites, quarterly planning meetings, and community events.
- [Facilities Management] Oversee and improve facilities management initiatives to optimize resources and maintain a safe, efficient, and high-touch workplace environment.
- [Capex Project Implementation] Oversee and deliver new construction and retrofitting projects in partnership with Real Estate and Construction teams.
- [Vendor Management] Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with third-party vendors to ensure the highest quality and timely delivery of their services and products.
- [Site Leadership] Collaborate and liaise with local leaders in each of our offices to gather feedback on our workplace experience, understand specific needs, and tailor local and global workplace strategies accordingly.
- [Budget Management] Manage the Workplace Experience team budget, implementing tools to effectively track and efficiently allocate resources to maximize the impact of global and local workplace initiatives.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have a bachelor's degree with 12+ years’ combined experience in workplace services, office management, employee experience and/or employee engagement work.
- Have a proven track record managing all or most of the key responsibilities outlined in the section above, for a global, multi-tiered, workplace environment of >500k sqft.
- Have 5+ years in people management, with a passion for motivating and mentoring talent to do the best work of their careers.
- Have excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with a track record of designing and implementing data-driven workplace strategies that grow and evolve with the needs of the business and employees.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and are able to work cross-functionally with stakeholders to find the right questions as well as the right answers.
- Are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, with strong knowledge of workplace standards, ADA accommodations, and inclusive design.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.