Senior Manager, Portfolio & Programs
About the Team
The Business Transformation & Acceleration team delivers reliable data, intelligent workflows & tools, and stellar learning content to our B2B Go-To-Market teams at DoorDash. We are developing technology, skills, and insights to support business growth while ensuring maximum productivity. We are looking for leaders who can help the enable the business strategy and keep DoorDash moving at pace and at scale.
About the Role
As the Senior Manager of Portfolio and programs, you will drive predictable portfolio planning, and delivery across a broad array of stakeholders for meaningful business impact. You will work closely with our Product Ownership and Development teams to manage critically dependent work and ensure speed and reliability of deliverables. You will serve as a curious and resourceful expert in the portfolio process, org wide annual & quarterly planning, and manage critical cadences for decision making. You will proactively analyze and identify opportunities for collaboration, prioritization, and better architectural strategy to supply our Go-To-Market teams with the best available data assets, productivity tools, and content to ensure they are productive and successful.
You will report into the Senior Director of Business Transformation and Acceleration on our Sales Strategy and Operations team in the Revenue organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid (with some time in-office and some time remote)
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Serve as the main point of contact and advisor for team leadership, providing coaching, support, and strategic direction
- Drive portfolio management decisions, monitor progress and effectiveness of key initiatives
- Manage annual budgeting and spend across business systems, data, and enablement teams while driving cost saving and ROI initiatives
- Define and optimize operating models to ensure smooth execution, effective communication, and efficient decision making with internal customers and stakeholders
- Be a leader of the broader Merchant Strategy and Operations function working across Business Systems, Product, Sales Operations, and other core operating teams reporting into our Chief Revenue officer to build a best in class team
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in portfolio/program management or related strategy roles, with people management experience
- You have a BA/BS degree in quantitative or business fields, or an additional 4 years of work experience in IT, applications, or systems
- You’re an expert in bringing order to chaos, through prioritization, organization & planning; able to drive clarity in ambiguous situations
- You know how to connect the dots to optimize and improve processes while designing for scale (i.e. automation)
- You have strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder management abilities
Nice to Haves
- You have experience working on Business Applications and Business Systems
- You have experience working within Salesforce, Anaplan, Snowflake, and 1st party tools
- You have experience with SQL, and can deliver actionable insights out of data.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by March 11th, 2024.