Manager, Voice Ordering Live Operations
About the Team
As one of DoorDash's core Support Operations teams, Voice Ordering Live Operations is a highly specialized and tactical team, tasked with ensuring the live ordering capabilities for our merchants and customers alike.
About the Role
As a Manager on our Voice Ordering Live Operations team, you will oversee the day-to-day operations and long-term success of your team. We're looking for someone with people management experience, who is solution-focused and has a natural capacity to effectively manage groups of people to achieve collective goals. Our best Managers are team first, manage change, and have experience guiding and motivating people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities.
NOTE: This role operates full-time out of our Tempe Arizona office and requires the ability to flex to off-hour shifts such as mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 5+ people leaders
- Strategize by designing, building and executing process improvement projects to drive operational efficiencies and improve the customer experience
- Partner cross-functionally with Support and business stakeholders to build a best-in-class operation
- Oversee the performance metrics (Conversion, Escalation Rate, AHT, QA, Retention, NPS) of your team and operate at the lowest level of detail to understand and influence outcomes
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1+ years of people management experience leading people leaders (managing leaders with direct reports)
- You have experience with implementing and managing a PCI DSS team & environment
- You want to lead the outcome and positively shape our most important metrics. You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment (1+ years of consulting, start-up and project management experience)
- You're persistent in achieving goals and will do what is needed to ensure things are successful
- You can easily operate in an ever-evolving and changing work environment
- You can translate high-level goals into applicable plans using technical knowledge and data (must be comfortable navigating and summarizing large datasets in Excel to surface insights)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.