Manager, Tax Data & Automation
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an Indirect Tax Technology & Data Manager to join our growing Tax Team. This role will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting the technology & data needs of the entire tax organization. You will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Indirect Tax Technology.
As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines our need for large scale data, and tools is compounding. We are looking for a candidate with experience implementing, using, and maintaining large ecosystems of tax data and related technology needed to take on these growing challenges. This person will also support our business expansion, and compliance projects, liaising between tax, engineering, and business teams to identify, and implement required changes to our tax data ecosystem.
DoorDash is creating a world-class tax team. Thinking outside of the box and providing creative solutions are celebrated here. The answers are always right at your finger-tips with the amazing and supportive finance, operations, product and accounting teams around you. This is the development opportunity for the right individual.
About the Role
We are looking for the right person to help with our tax data platforms, working to design, configure, test and maintain our tax data ecosystems.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work directly with stakeholders to identify tax data and technology needs, define requirements, and manage implementation.
- Partner directly with engineers to design new data sources and tooling to fit the tax teams needs.
- Solve complex problems leveraging data on a large scale.
- Experiment with new technologies such as AI and Machine Learning to bring new ideas to tax.
- Participate in defining the Company’s tax data and technology roadmap.
- Work cross-functionally end to end, between our business on the front end, engineering in the middle, and accounting teams on the back end to guarantee the integrity of our tax data flows
We’re excited about you because…
- You have your BA/BS Degree in Accountancy, MIS, Computer Science or a similar field of study.
- You have experience with managing direct and indirect tax data.
- You have 5+ years of tax technology and data experience.
- You have familiarity with technology tools such as Vertex O Series, Vertex Returns, Alteryx Cloud, SQL, Snowflake, and JIRA.
- You have experience writing business requirements and testing to support large data projects.
- You have experience with participating in the analysis and testing of large volumes of data.
- You have experience in using various productivity programs, (Microsoft Office, Google (G-sheets, docs and slides).
- You have strong attention to detail and analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- You’re an independently motivated person with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work independently.
- You’re curious and driven to find the right answer.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Database and ETL best practices
- Knowledge of scripting languages and reviewing code for accuracy
- Alteryx Core Certification
- CMI Certification
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 3/13/2024