Strategic Merchant Lead
About the Team
The Outside Sales team has been the face of DoorDash to our merchant partners since our founding in 2013. Stationed locally, this team creates deep partnerships with the most coveted local and regional restaurants in any given geography. Our Outside Sales team is the revenue driving arm of DoorDash and ensures the growth of our SMB partnerships which help strengthen operations, accelerate consumer growth, and improve our bottom line.
About the Role
We are looking for a Strategic Merchant Lead for the Outside Sales team to establish partnerships with our Local Hero and Local Premium merchants across the region. The key to DoorDash’s growth is merchant selection. The more local hero and local premium merchants we add to DoorDash, the faster we will add new customers, the better we will retain existing customers, and the higher our conversion rates will be for customers visiting our app or website.
You'll be focused on new restaurant acquisition with a transactional deal cycle and bringing on the best local and regional restaurants onto the DoorDash platform. You will prospect, meet with, and close partnerships with these merchants.
You will report into our Regional Sales Manager on our Outside Sales team. This is a hybrid role with at least 50% travel (2-3 days per week) meeting with prospective clients and 1-2 days working remotely from home/office.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Have a passion for SMB businesses and the restaurant industry
- Sell restaurant owners on the value of partnering with DoorDash and help them understand the value of our full suites of services (e.g. Marketplace, Storefront, Dashpass)
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic terms
- Excel in a transactional deal cycle and closing new business within a few weeks
- Use creative strategies in sales processes and prospect outreach
- Share on-the-ground insights with sales leadership and operations team
- Mentor teammates on how to be the best version of themselves after establishing yourself in the role
- Travel into different markets and meet with restaurant owners (hybrid role with up to 50% travel)
We're excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience in a closing sales role or related experience
- You excel in a transactional deal cycle
- You have experience exceeding goals
- You have experience selling multi-product solutions
- You approach challenges from the fundamentals
- You express creative sales tactics to engage with prospects
- You have experience using a CRM (Salesforce) and Google Apps
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.