Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, and retailers. DoorDash Drive allows restaurants, grocers, and retailers to enable ecommerce fulfillment for their first-party experiences. As part of the Drive Restaurants Strategy & Operations team, the Senior Manager will have the opportunity to lead, define, test, and scale Drive’s most profitable bets.
DoorDash Drive is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business. This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager to build and execute strategic initiatives to grow the Drive Restaurant verticals business. The DoorDash Australia Drive team is responsible for the operations, development, and growth of the Drive product suite: our white-label solution that empowers Merchants to offer their own customers on-demand delivery through their own channels, utilizing DoorDash’s logistics network.
As leader of the Restaurants verticals Drive Team, you’ll develop and deliver the growth strategy in the sector in a commercially viable way, be responsible for operational and financial metrics, build and scale processes to support fast onboarding of merchants, and empower sales teams to effectively sell Drive products and manage merchants.
On a typical day, you may create merchant growth strategies, run experiments to improve quality and catering delivery operations, use learnings to inform product strategy, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail and make sure we never stop growing. The ideal candidate for this role should be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset, able to take ownership and create plans from scratch, and drive execution while obtaining cross-functional buy-in to achieve DoorDash Drive's strategic goals.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategise – Devise and execute the overall operational strategy for winning the same
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, Account Management, and BD teams to grow our business
- Own the Market – You are ultimately responsible for hitting top line and profitability goals for your market segment. You must be able to diagnose & address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead your team in hitting goals
- Analyze – Build analysis to understand the segment’s strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and regional knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better everyday
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- You communicate precisely dependent on audience and level of detail necessary to share
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modeling) and SQL knowledge (basic)
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.