Associate, Category Management - DashMart
About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of grocery store, offering a range of core grocery, household essentials, local favorites and more to our customers' doorsteps.
About the Role
We’re looking for Associate level candidates who are hands-on builders and strategic thinkers to help build DoorDash’s next billion dollar business, DashMart, DoorDash’s first party grocery & convenience store. You will be an important data-driven contributor as the DashMart business continues to scale. As a category management team member, you will be responsible for developing the strategic assortment within Fresh Categories and working with cross-functional partners to meet category top- and bottom-line targets. Additionally, you will understand our assortment and inventory data to the lowest level of details and drive improvements to process, analytics and reporting. These roles will report into a Manager or Senior Manager within our International New Business Verticals organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own our assortment - be directly responsible for building and executing assortment strategy across RRC Canada
- Collaborate - work cross-functionally with supply chain, buying, business development, analytics and finance to meet your targets and develop robust category-management systems
- Analyze - get to the lowest level of detail with both qualitative and quantitative data to guide your assortment strategy
- Innovate - influence our overall product, tooling, and strategic roadmap as an early member of our assortment team
- Work with local operations, vendor management, and supply chain teams to identify assortment opportunities at the store-, category-, and supplier-level.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 1-2+ years of experience (in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience)
- You have an ownership mindset: You can set the strategy for your categories and own a P&L. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable taking a step back to identify broader trends. No job is beneath you.
- You’re a world class communicator: You communicate precisely dependent on the audience and level of detail necessary to share. You collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- You’re analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel
- You’re a problem solver: You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems and can independently translate high level goals into actionable plans
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity: Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.