Manager, Consumer Growth Marketing
About the Team
DoorDash’s Consumer Growth Marketing team is seeking a data-driven Growth Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving Consumer growth across paid media channels for our ANZ markets. The team is responsible for deploying our Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) across all performance marketing channels to meet our Consumer acquisition goals for the DoorDash Marketplace.
About the Role
The role will report into the Senior Manager, Growth & Retention Marketing on the ANZ Marketing Team in our Consumer Growth Marketing organisation. This role will focus on bringing growth initiatives to life in our most strategic markets and must deliver against aggressive business goals which include managing investment efficiency, and improving reach and conversion across the marketing funnel. As a paid media expert, they will be hands-on in the planning, development, and execution of media buys and promotional campaigns to acquire new customers. Knowledge of Australian consumers and regional differences is key to success.
Both analytical and imaginative, the Consumer Growth Manager must be able to understand performance data and derive actionable insights that will help optimise paid media strategies while coming up with creative ways to reach our target audience in strategic markets with strategic messages. We are looking for someone who can build and launch campaigns for various platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Search, Display, regional partnership or affiliate marketing, etc.). The role is also highly cross-functional and requires a collaborative approach to working with a wide range of partners including Media Agencies, Creative, Analytics, Finance, Martech and Product teams to build and execute hard-working creative campaigns and manage campaign performance.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead campaign launches, optimisation, and reporting inclusive of creative, campaign setup, audience targeting, and budget management.
- Maintain and monitor budget pacing and key metrics including New Customers, LTV, and CAC across performance marketing channels (e.g., Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate, Display, App Install Campaigns)
- Work closely with agencies and in-house team to optimise media buying in effort to hit growth targets in a cost-effective manner
- Lead and measure performance across an evergreen portfolio of paid channels, but execute ad hoc strategic campaigns with separate goals and budgets as the landscape shifts
- Develop and implement testing strategies to improve KPIs including creative/copy A/B testing, incrementality testing, audience segmentation, ad placements, and retargeting strategy to maximise full-funnel performance.
- Establish channel forecasts and budget recommendations, with the speed and ownership to adjust tactics and strategies quickly based on learnings and opportunities
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure Australia performance goals are met
We’re excited about you because…
- 7+ years of growth marketing experience including campaign strategy and planning
- Direct, hands-on experience managing media buying and optimisation (Paid search, Paid Social, Display), either at an agency or in-house.
- Experience using online advertising solutions such as Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager, and internal performance dashboards etc.
- Deep familiarity with all digital marketing metrics including CPL, CPA, CPC, CPM, LTV and ROAS as well as marketing attribution methodologies
- Local market knowledge of the Australian consumer and regional differences
- Strong Excel skills with experience building pivot tables, multi-function formulas and graphs and basic SQL
- Ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of both internal team members and external vendors/partners
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.