Associate, Strategy & Operations - Drive
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide the premier white-label delivery service capability, enabling our merchants (restaurants, grocers, retailers, etc.) to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. The Drive platform’s capabilities and integrations are a massive contribution to our business’ ability to grow.
The team works on some of the highest priority and visibility projects that directly impact the P&L for general managers. You will be empowered to challenge the status quo, identify ways to move the needle and take charge of finding scalable solutions to drive growth for the platform with a large portfolio of middleware providers. Not only will you formulate strategy and build tactical plans, you will be responsible for ensuring its execution and achieving tangible outcomes. Finally, it is a highly cross-functional role giving you great exposure to many facets of the business and increasing your network of highly competent thinkers and doers.
About the Role
You will report into the Senior Manager of our Middleware Partnerships & Infrastructure Team, and play a pivotal role in driving company growth, particularly in the SMB segment, by optimizing and growing our store penetration and delivery volume from a large portfolio of our integration partners. Specifically, you will be responsible for managing a cohort of 300+ integration partners, identifying scalable solutions to grow volume from these partners and continuously looking for ways to improve operational efficiencies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and executing on scalable solutions to grow delivery volume from 300+ unmanaged MWPs
- Continuously look for ways to improve operational efficiencies and optimize our unit economics with these MWPs
- Working closely with our Business Development, Legal and Operations teams to support pricing conversations, including conducting price/volume sensitivity analyses and P&L forecasting
- Devising and running SQL queries and analyzing performance and efficiency data at the lowest level of detail in order to provide strategic insights or recommendations
- Diving deep into data to analyze weekly performance to provide meaningful commentary, strategic insights and action plans to leadership, including P&L owners and general managers
- Leading high-visibility strategic initiatives and task forces that impact our large portfolio of middleware partners, such as mass communications and Drive updates
- Building go-to-market plans for business strategies and scalable processes, such as pricing, merchant onboarding, new product feature adoption and marketing initiatives
- Managing multiple projects at once, ensuring that all team members and cross-functional partners are bought in and adhering to project timelines
- Tracking results of marketing campaigns aimed to increase store penetration and delivery volume, and provide analysis against pre-defined key metrics
- Designing a best-in-class operating playbook to drive delivery volume and profitability
- Lead ad hoc projects as determined by your Senior Manager or Director
The best candidates will:
- have extremely strong analytical skills with an intellectual curiosity to challenge and dissect data
- demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit to find creative solutions to overcome seemingly impossible challenges
- understand the importance of ownership and bias for action
- be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive volume and improve profitability - responsible for top-line growth and identifying ways to improve unit economics
- Tackle challenging problems - tasked to grow volume in a scalable manner from a large portfolio of unmanaged integration partners
- Lead high visibility and high impact projects - address Drive’s most unique and challenging questions
- Own business strategy and outcomes — use data and insights to formulate strategy, provide recommendations and develop operational plans to share with leadership team
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders - work with various teams, such as Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics and Legal, to drive scalable growth
- Execute on plans – take responsibility for implementation plans and go-to-market of new product initiatives
- Deep dive into data to solve problems - pull and work with complex datasets; SQL experience required
We're excited about you because you…
- Have 1-2 years of experience in a strategy, operations, financial services, investment banking, consulting, technology or business analyst type role
- Are comfortable with building and running SQL queries to analyze business performance
- Possess strong analytical skills and bring a structured approach to ambiguous data sets
- Can think strategically and creatively to come up with solutions to complex problems
- Have experience in bringing new products to market and scaling business processes
- Enjoy working with cross-functional teams and have a strong penchant for influencing others to achieve desired outcomes
- Display extreme ownership over multiple projects and workstreams, while ruthlessly prioritizing what will actually move the needle
- Are a self-starter; you aren’t afraid of failure, have a bias towards action and can thrive in a fast environment.
- Oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- Are humble and hungry; you’re willing to get your hands dirty and are open to feedback
- Demonstrate strong communication and reporting skills; can summarize complex issues into succinct problem statements and can provide high-level business commentary to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 2/15/2024.