Senior Analyst, Income Tax
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our growing tax team. This role will be a key contributor to the tax team and will be responsible for supporting the tax function and ensuring compliance with applicable tax laws and reporting. As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of project management who will support and grow our unique social community via your strong technical tax knowledge and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
About the Role
This position will be a key contributor to the tax team and will be responsible for US domestic income tax (Federal and State), and reporting. This role will report to the tax senior manager.
In addition to working on US income tax returns, provisions, and audits, you will be empowered with establishing the income tax function and processes for a growing company. The tax team will engage across teams and work jointly on unique tax situations in all areas of taxation.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist with the preparation of US domestic quarterly and year end income tax provision calculations.
- Work with outside service providers on preparing and reviewing income tax reporting and compliance related workstreams.
- Assist with income tax audits, which includes coordinating timelines, requests, and responses throughout the audit.
- Research US tax laws, regulations, and other authoritative guidance.
- Build and maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Support new business and department initiatives through participation or leadership of cross-functional teams, and management of enterprise projects as it relates to US income taxes.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects as necessary.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of corporate income tax experience, with the ideal candidate having Big 4 experience.
- You have your BA/BS Degree in Accountancy, or a similar field of study.
- You have a background in a corporate tax role with responsibilities for tax provision (ASC 740), tax compliance, and tax audit.
- You have experience with MS Excel, tax and accounting research tools, enterprise/general ledger systems, and tax compliance applications. Familiarity with and use of Alteryx is a plus.
- You approach your role with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- You roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive results, even if it's outside your normal areas of focus.
- You have excellent time-management skills.
- You have a strong attention to detail and analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize various projects.
- You have experience in the technology industry or marketplace platform businesses.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 2/16/2024.