Senior Revenue Data Analyst
About the Team
Are you a dynamic and driven Accounting and Data professional ready to elevate your career? We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and self-motivated individual with a strong command of US GAAP, revenue systems, and core data skills to join our growing Accounting team. This role offers the chance to showcase your expertise by collaborating with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
About the Role
In this role, you'll be at the forefront of cross-team collaboration, serving as the go-to expert for accounting partners in the data engineering and engineering spaces, creating a dynamic blend of responsibilities. Your days will be filled with reviewing data using SQL and Python, conducting in-depth data analysis and investigation, designing intricate drawings and flows, and contributing to groundbreaking accounting research and design requirements.
Join us in this opportunity to not only apply your existing skills but also to cultivate new ones in a role that combines the best of both data engineering and accounting realms. Make your mark in a stimulating and remote-friendly environment where your expertise will be valued and your career can thrive.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Operational Accounting, Engineering, Product, Finance, Tax, Legal, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Develop and design comprehensive accounting data requirements to facilitate the seamless automation of journal entries, ensuring accuracy, completeness, compliance, and efficiency in financial processes
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue tasks and shorten the revenue close calendar
- Monitor data quality of journal entries configured via the Revenue Subledger and design Data Quality checks for identified use cases via accounting requirements design, ad hoc investigations, new product launches, etc.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve our daily Revenue Reconciliation process and manage reconciliation analysis with the help of the analytics teamReview new product designs showcased during internal Financial Compliance
- Review meetings and assess impact on existing or need for new accounting requirements for the Revenue Subledger
- Cross collaborate with partnering teams on the journal entry flows for the new or existing products for automation via the Revenue Subledger
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, cost of revenue analysis, accounts receivable reconciliations, review journal entries, and review close package deliverables
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as assigned
We’re excited about you because…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in revenue accounting, data analytics, and/or business intelligence
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 Revenue Recognition required; knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Intermediate/advanced SQL skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, Python a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing work environments
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, both internally and externally
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
We expect this position to be filled by 2/12/2024.