Senior Manager, Income Tax
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Income Tax Manager to join its tax team. As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of leading projects via your strong technical tax knowledge and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
About the Role
You will report to the Senior Director of Tax Operations and be a key contributor to the tax team. You will be charged with ensuring the impacts of various income tax projects are timely and accurately reported for provision and tax compliance purposes.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Responsible for special projects including but not limited to
- R&D tax credit study
- Section 174 analysis
- Section 382 study
- Tax accounting method changes
- Reporting and compliance for acquisitions, investments, and transactions
- Collaborate across tax, accounting, finance, and business lines to obtain and analyze information required for special projects and ensure completeness or accuracy.
- Manage relationships with advisors and external auditors in respect to these projects
- Build, maintain and improve tax documentation for areas of responsibility.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in taxation and share relevant insights with the team
- Prepare and present reports to other senior leaders on tax performance, risks, and opportunities
- Support various tax process improvement initiatives
- Support tax controversy efforts
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of corporate tax experience, with the ideal candidate having Big 4 and large public company experience
- Background in corporate tax role with responsibility for R&D tax credit and other tax planning support.
- CPA and/or MS in Tax preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain tax concepts to non-experts
- In-depth understanding of federal, state, and local tax regulations and their application to various business structures
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and analytical approach to work product
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experienced with Netsuite is welcomed
- Knowledge of Alteryx or other data analytics tools desirable
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.