Senior Manager, Canada General Manager - New Verticals
About the Team
New Verticals is a new, lean organization at DoorDash, building the future of local commerce by bringing new ways to delight our customers to market - beyond restaurants. We are looking for top talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Canadian New Verticals business! We are looking for someone who is excited about joining a fast-paced environment and driving our next wave of growth.
About the Role
As the General Manager of our New Verticals business in Canada, you will be responsible for managing the non-restaurant business and P&L. You will lead short term execution and long term strategy, grow our topline volume and basket size, define our pricing strategy, drive cost improvements and deliver high quality outcomes for our merchant partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of people to define and deliver our critical business objectives - guiding analysis
- Work cross-functionally with business development, finance and product teams to prioritize solving the most important problems for New Verticals Dashers, Merchants and Consumers
- Define which verticals we want to grow and define what we need to win in that vertical
- Blend product strategy, quantitative insights, and customer feedback to support business operators in growing profitable and scalable businesses
- Own tracking dashboards and manage week over week metrics to manage growth, quality and cost
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias for action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems, can translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing a process
- You are analytical – You use data to inform tough decisions, and are comfortable operating at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level. You are comfortable in tools like Excel, SQL and more!
- You work to get 1% better every day – You're always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad
- You have 8+ years experience in consulting, finance or related strategy and operations experience
- You are an owner - you have a demonstrated success of owning a P&L management
- You are leader - you managed teams in the past for at least 3+ years
- You are an industry expert - you are familiar with retail and grocery industry
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.