Senior Associate, S&O - Dasher & Logistics
About the Team
The Dasher & Logistics team is responsible for ensuring every delivery is completed with speed, accuracy and a positive Consumer, Merchant and Dasher experience. Our Dasher & Logistics owns initiatives that touch all parts of the Dasher life cycle ranging from supply & demand, to cost & quality, to Dasher pay, to Dasher retention, to order batching and beyond. We care about metrics like delivery times, cost per order, dasher compensation, and many more!
About the Role
The Strategy & Operations Senior Associate role is for individuals with an ownership mentality who enjoy getting into the weeds and really understanding some of our toughest problems, developing a solution, collaborating across the organization, and executing to bring strategies to life.
You will report into our Strategy & Operations Manager on our Dasher & Logistics team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze - Break down data to identify trends across different product lines and get to the lowest level of detail
- Experiment - Use a data-driven approach and deep market knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests and make our business 1% better everyday
- Influence - Work cross-functionally across multiple teams teams to bring solutions to life, such as Product, Analytics, Engineering, and Marketing
- Grow professionally - There is room for professional development and to own additional scope and special projects related to Dasher and Logistics side of the business
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years work experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, startups, or related experience.
- You’re analytical – you can dive into the data, independently structure an analysis, and draw the most important insights.
- You have advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- You’re a problem solver – you can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You’re a generalist – you seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business.You are a self starter – you bias towards action and excel in a fast-paced environment and evolving business.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.